HIGH SCHOOL EQUIVALENCY TESTING AT RVCC
Beginning January 2014, the tests will change for High School Equivalency. If all sections of the test have not been passed in 2013, you will have to start over with a new test.
New Jersey has approved several tests for people to earn a state-issued high school diploma. Each Testing Center will determine which test(s) to offer in that Center.
This testing center will offer McGraw Hill CBT Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC). We will initially offer a paper-and-pencil version of the test and plan to offer a computer-based version of a test later in 2014. To review sample questions, visit http://www.tasctest.com/sample-questions.html.
This Center will not offer testing until late March.
PLEASE MONITOR THE WEBSITE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Beginning 2/15/14, transcripts will not be available online from GED 123.com. If you require transcripts, please contact the NJ Department of Education, Office of Adult Education at 609-777-1050 or email email@example.com.
If the college is closed for weather or other events, the Testing Center will also be closed.
AN APPOINTMENT IS REQUIRED FOR HS EQUIVALENCY TESTING
NO WALK-INS ARE ALLOWED
Before taking your tests:
1. Prepare for the test
- You can find study guides at local bookstores and libraries
- Take a preparation class:
- RVCC Continuing Education at 908-218-8871
- the Hunterdon County ESC at 908-806-2795
- Franklin Township Adult Education at 732-249-6410 ext. 339 or 908-421-3833
- The Jointure at 908-722-0233
- For information about preparation sites outside of Hunterdon and Somerset counties, go to http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/wnjpin/wnjpin_index.html
2. Pass a practice test
- Free practice tests and information about study materials will be available online. Check to see if you are prepared. If you cannot pass a practice test, you probably have more studying to do.
3. Schedule your testing
- After you have passed practice tests and are prepared for the real test, go to www.raritanval.edu/gedtesting for test dates and other information. To schedule your test, call 908-526-1200 ext. 8422.
Directions to Raritan Valley Community College Revised 2/11/14 dk