HIGH SCHOOL EQUIVALENCY TESTING AT RVCC
On January 1, 2014, the tests changed for high school equivalency. If you did not pass all sections of the test, you must start over with a new test.
New Jersey has approved several tests for people to earn a state-issued high school diploma. Each testing center determines which test(s) to offer in that center.
This testing center offers the McGraw Hill CBT Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) in a paper-and-pencil version. Before calling for an appointment, make sure you are prepared to pass the tests. To review sample questions, visit http://www.tasctest.com/sample-questions.html.
Only English testing is available at this time.
If you require information about testing accommodations, please go to www.tasctest.com/accommodations-for-special-needs-for-test-center-admins.html.
To be successful, you should:
1. Prepare for the test
- You can find study guides at local bookstores and libraries
- Take a preparation class:
- RVCC Continuing Education at 908-218-8871
- the Hunterdon County ESC at 908-806-2795
- Franklin Township Adult Education at 732-249-6410 ext. 339 or 908-421-3833
- The Jointure at 908-722-0233
- For information about preparation sites outside of Hunterdon and Somerset counties, go to http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/wnjpin/wnjpin_index.html
2. Pass a practice test
- To review sample questions, visit http://www.tasctest.com/sample-questions.html. Free practice tests and information about study materials will be available online. Check to see if you are prepared. If you cannot pass a practice test, you probably have more studying to do.
3. Schedule your testing
- After you have passed practice tests and are prepared for the real test, go to www.raritanval.edu/gedtesting for test dates and other information. To schedule your test, call 908-526-1200 ext. 8422 between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm Monday through Friday. An appointment is required for testing.
Directions to Raritan Valley Community College Revised 4/11/14 dk