HIGH SCHOOL EQUIVALENCY TESTING AT RVCC
On January 1, 2014, the tests changed for high school equivalency. If you did not pass all sections of the test, you must start over with a new test.
New Jersey has approved several tests for people to earn a state-issued high school diploma. Each testing center determines which test(s) to offer in that center.
This testing center offers the McGraw Hill CBT Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) in a paper-and-pencil version. Before calling for an appointment, make sure you are prepared to pass the tests. To review sample questions, visit http://www.tasctest.com/sample-questions.html.
Only English testing is available at this time.
If you require information about testing accommodations, please go to www.tasctest.com/accommodations-for-special-needs-for-test-center-admins.html.
We will conduct a test session on Thursday and Friday, May 1st and 2nd. Testers must come both days, arriving at the Testing Center at 8:30. The testing fee is $92 and must be paid by money order payable to RVC College.
AN APPOINTMENT IS REQUIRED FOR HS EQUIVALENCY TESTING
NO WALK-INS ARE ALLOWED
When you call for an appointment, you must have the following identification available. We will require the numbers from these documents when you call and you will need to provide the identification on both days of testing.
- A current US Government or state-issued picture ID with NJ address and tester’s signature, or
- A foreign passport must also have a Consular letter in English with signature and seal attesting to the validity of the passport
- Social Security card, Social Insurance card, Taxpayer ID Card, or a Deferred Action PIN are required.
- If the address on the picture ID is not correct or if there is no address, an official mailed item should be provided (lease agreement, bank statement, utility bill, etc.)
- One Secondary ID is required - credit card, birth certificate, employer or school ID, etc.
To make an appointment, call 908-526-1200, ext. 8422 between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm Monday through Friday.
PLEASE MONITOR THE WEBSITE FOR ADDITIONAL TESTING DATES
Transcripts are not available online from GED123.com. If you require transcripts, please contact the NJ Department of Education, Office of Adult Education at 609-777-1050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the college is closed for weather or other events,
the Testing Center will also be closed.
- Directions to Raritan Valley Community College Revised 4/11/14 dk