Sexual Assault Awareness Month
The Student Life Office at Raritan Valley Community College (RVCC) creates the Student Life Week at a Glance from events submitted for the Campus Calendar using the Event Set-Up Request Form and by special requests. If you have additions, please submit to StudentLife@raritanval.edu by Wednesday at noon, two weeks before the event.
Sunday, Apr 20
- Happy Easter!
Monday, Apr 21
- 1-2:30pm, Nadine Sapirman, Climate Reality Project, Atrium
- 2:30-4pm, "The Sixth Extinction" Discussion, Atrium
- 4-5pm, "Extreme Ice", a NOVA Documentary, Atrium
Tuesday, Apr 22
- 12-2pm, Advising and Counseling, Advising on the Go, Cafeteria
- 12-2:30, Orgullo Latino Club, EveryONE Counts Volleyball Tournament, Gym
- 12:30-2:30pm, Earth Day Fair (FREE organic fair trade chocolate!), Bateman Student Center
- 1-2:30pm, To Write Love on Her Arms, "Keep Calm, Call a Counselor" Promotional Table, Courtyard
- 1-2:30pm, Kids Like Us Bake Sale, 1st Fl. College Ctr, Purple Wall
- 1-2:20pm, Asian Pacific Islander Event, Grand Conference Center
- 8pm, Student Dance Concert, Nash Theatre
Wednesday, Apr 23
- National Denim Day
- All Day, NJ Institute of Technology Instant Decision Day, C-178 by appointment only
(Contact: ReGina Garrett, email@example.com)
- 10am-1pm, College Transfer Recruitment - Centenary College, Basement Level College Center, Bookstore Hallway
- 11:30-1pm, India: Ancient and Modern, Atrium Lounge
- 11:30am-12:50pm, "Hydrogen Economy: The Long Wait is Over" by Mike Strizki from Hydrogen House Project, Conf. Ctr.
(FREE vegetarian soup and chili and certfied shade grown organic fair trade coffee - this is a ZERO waste event)
- 12-1pm, English Language Chat Sessions, Academic Support Center, S-020
- 1-2pm, Environmental Club, Electric Car Show, West Building Courtyard
- 1-6pm, Advising and Counseling, Advising on the Go, Cafeteria
- 3-4pm, Spanish Language Chat Sessions, Academic Support Center, S-020
- 4-5pm, "Rednecks, Asian Overachievers, and Illegals: How American Culture Divides and Conquers", Somerset Hall, S-122
- 6-9pm, Enactus, RVCC Start-Ups and Entrepreneurs Workshop, Atrium
- 8pm, Student Dance Concert, Nash Theatre
Thursday, Apr 24
- 11am-3pm, Program Board, Denim Day Vendors and Performances, Atrium Lounge
- 11am-3pm, Energy Efficient Lighting Display by the NJ Clean Energy Program, Basement Level College Ctr, Bookstore Hallway
- 1-2:20pm, "Rising from the Ashes" by Prof. Dan Aronson, Economics Dept., 2nd Fl. Hunterdon Hall, H-210/H-211
(FREE Escarole, Bean Soup, and Chana Masala)
- 1-2:20pm, Program Board, Denim Day, "Any One Of Us: Women's Words from Prison" presented by the Meta Theatre Company, Atrium Lounge (Light refreshments will be served)
- 1:15-2:20pm, The Alliance & BACCHUS, AIDS Awareness Day featuring Ron Goldberg, East Building, E-109 (Light refreshments will be served)
- 1-2:20pm, Interviewing Successfully, Somerset Hall, S-016
- 1-2:20pm, Enactus, Supply Chain Management Workshop, H-328
- 2-4pm, Advising and Counseling, Advising on the Go, Cafeteria
- 5-9pm, EveryONE Counts Pool Party, Athletics Building, RVCC Pool, $5 donation. Receive a ticket to enter to win a Galaxy Tablet.
- 5:30-7pm, Job/Internship Preparation: Top Skills Employers Really Want, Somerset Hall, S-015
- 8pm, Student Jazz Ensemble, Welpe Theatre
Friday, Apr 25
- 8:30am-1pm, Boys to Men Conference, Grand Conf. Ctr.
- 8pm, RVCC Chorale Concert, Welpe Theatre
Saturday, Apr 26
- 12-1pm, Baseball Game, RVCC vs. Sussex County, RVCC Baseball Field
- 8pm, The Swingle Singers, Nash Theatre
Affordable Care Act
The new Affordable Care Act requires you to have health insurance. If you do NOT have health insurance of your own or with your parents, you must sign up prior to January 1, 2014. Failure to enroll by January 1 may result in a penalty. Open enrollment is from October 1, 2013 through March 31, 2014. Starting on October 1, there will be a marketplace to allow you to select a plan you can afford.Go to www.healthcare.gov and complete the application. This one application will allow you to see available plans and their cost; as well as apply for the expanded Medicaid program. Check it out!
The Cosmetology Student Salon @ Bridgewater is now open!
Click the link below for more information!
Evening Hours: Available Thursdays beginning October 10
Time: 6:00-9:30 pm
Day Hours: Available Fridays beginning November 22
Time: 9:00 am–3:00 pm
Call 908-526-1200 x8619 for an appointment
Wi-fi Access for Your Wireless Device
Are you interested in Wi-Fi access for your wireless device? Fill out the Wireless Access User Agreement form. After submitting the form, you will receive an e-mail in Lion Mail within one or two days, containing the RVCC Network Name and Password. Then, use your device and information to connect to the network provided. Please contact the Technology Services Desk if you encounter any technical problems (such as not receiving e-mails, disconnections from the wireless network or other connection problems).
3rd Annual Hemophilia
Bleeding Disorders Awareness Walk
“Community Is In Our Blood”
Sunday, April 27, 2014
10 am - 3 pm, RVCC Soccer Field
Register or Donate Online:http://hanj.org/events_walk.html
RVCC students $10 donation (Sign up in Student Life, Bateman Student Center);
FREE for Kids 5 and under, $10 for Teens/Youth/Students, $20 for all others
Includes free t-shirt, food, pedometers, activities
(music/dance, face-painting, balloons, bouncey house and more)
Proceeds to benefit the Hemophilia Association of NJ
Hosted by RVCC’s Program Board & RVCC Cares Project
Visit the Student Life Office, Bateman Student Center, for more information.
Watch this video to learn about how the walk was started:
Hemophilia National Walk - How It Was Started
End of the Year Picnic
Theme: Mardi Gras in New Orleans
Thursday, May 1, 2014
FREE FOOD, MUSIC, ACTIVITIES & GIVEAWAYS!!!!
Hosted by the RVCC Student Program Board
Dress in the Mardi Gras colors Purple, Gold and Green!!!
Student Photographers/Videographers and other volunteers needed
Visit Student Life, Bateman Student Center for more information