The Student Life Office at Raritan Valley Community College (RVCC) creates the Student Life Week at a Glance from events submitted for the Campus Calendar using the Event Set-Up Request Form and by special requests. If you have additions, please submit to StudentLife@raritanval.edu by Wednesday at noon, two weeks before the event.
Sunday, November 23
- 2pm, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Nash Theatre
Monday, November 24
- 10am-6pm, Biology Chemistry Club Bake Sale, 1st Fl. College Center, Purple Wall
- 11am-4pm, Student Nurses Association Bake Sale, Basement Level College Center, Bookstore Hallway
- 1-3pm, Engineering Club hosts Toastmaster's at RVCC, Atrium
Toastmaster's International is a world wide public speaking club that is dedicated to improving public speaking and communication skills.
Tuesday, November 25
- 1pm, Orgullo Latino Club 18th Annual Thanksgiving Luncheon, Atrium (Tickets $8.00 and $10.00 at the door. Proceeds will benefit the C.R.E.C.E.R. Scholarship Fund)|
- 1-3pm, SLAP Board Promo Table for MLK Day Read-In, 1st Fl. College Center, Purple Wall
- 1-2:30pm, International Students Association Bake Sale, Basement Level College Center, Bookstore Hallway
Wednesday, November 26
- College Closed Today
Thursday, November 27
- Thanksgiving: College Closed
Friday, November 28
- College Closed
Saturday, November 29
- College Closed
- 8pm, Shadows of the 60's: Motown Tribute, Nash Theatre
RVCC Cosmetology Student Salon is now OPEN!
Daytime Hours will be available on Fridays beginning November 21, 9am-3:30pm
For an appointment please call: 908-526-1200 x8319
The salon is located on the Bridgewater Campus in Cosmetology Lab Room B-209
The Student Life Activities & Planning Board (formerly Program Board) is seeking new officers and members for 2014-2015!
What is The Student Life Activities & Planning Board? I'm glad you asked!
The Student Life Activities & Planning Board is responsible for planning events and other activities for the RVCC students, staff, and community.
Why Get involved?
Learn necessary skills to plan programs and events of all sizes and types.
Gain hands-on experience in event planning, communication skills, fundraising, marketing & promotions, recruitment, community outreach, leadership development and team building skills.
- Eligible to gain valuable entries on your Student Engagement Transcript.
- Add to your resume and/or career portfolio.
- Make New Lifelong Friends!
The new Affordable Care Act requires you to have health insurance. If you do NOT have health insurance of your own or with your parents, you must sign up. Failure to enroll may result in a penalty. The marketplace will allow you to select a plan you can afford. Go to www.healthcare.gov and complete the application. This one application will allow you to see available plans and their cost; as well as apply for the expanded Medicaid program. Check it out!
Are you interested in Wi-Fi access for your wireless device? Fill out the Wireless Access User Agreement form. After submitting the form, you will receive an e-mail in Lion Mail within one or two days, containing the RVCC Network Name and Password. Then, use your device and information to connect to the network provided. Please contact the Technology Services Desk if you encounter any technical problems (such as not receiving e-mails, disconnections from the wireless network or other connection problems).
For more information, contact the Office of Student Life located on the 1st Floor of the Bateman Center, Room BC-100
Email: StudentLife@raritanval.edu or call 908-218-8873
Fall Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 6:00 pm