To best view this page, please turn off Compatibility View.
Concurrent Enrollment Program
Early College Experience
Early College Home | Early Credits | Concurrent Enrollment | Academy for Health and Medical Sciences
How to Apply
To be eligible for the Concurrent Enrollment Program you must:
- Be a high school junior or senior
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA (Exceptions may be made with a letter of support from a teacher in the relevant discipline)
- Obtain signatures from high school guidance counselor as well as parent/guardian
- Meet testing pre-requisites for courses chosen (see “Testing Requirements” below)
- Contact your high school guidance counselor to determine the courses being offered by your high school and the qualifications needed to enroll. Request a CEP Student/Parent Agreement Form and a CEP Registration Form.
- Complete online admission. See Step 2 on the inside of the CEP Student/Parent Agreement form for instructions.
- Fill out the CEP Student/Parent Agreement form and obtain the parent/guardian and guidance counselor signatures.
- Take the RVCC Placement test if needed (see "Testing Requirements" below). Please wait 2 days after completing the online admission before testing.
- Submit the following to your guidance counselor or high school CEP coordinator:
- CEP Student/Parent Agreement Form
- Completed CEP Registration Form
- High school transcript
- Copy of SAT or RVCC Placement Test scores
- $175 payment -make check or money order payable to RVC College
Director of Academic Programs and Partnerships
908-526-1200 ext. 8367
908-526-1200 ext. 8314
Testing Requirements for English/Math
All students are required to take a placement test for enrolling in RVCC English or Mathematics classes, unless the student has the following:
- SAT Critical Reading score of 540 or above or an ACT English score of at least 24
- SAT math score of 530 or ACT math score of 22 for select college level Math courses; or an SAT math score of 550 or ACT math score of 23 for Pre-calculus or Statistics.
For more information about placement testing, please refer to the following: http://www.raritanval.edu/studentserv/testing/index.html
Student Rights and Responsibilities
Students in the CEP program will be registered as non-matriculated, part-time students. After completing high school, students choosing to enroll at RVCC will be required to complete the standard RVCC Application for Admission.
All CEP course grades earned become part of the student’s permanent college record. If a student does not take the course after signing up, it is the student’s responsibility to withdraw. Failure to do so can result in an “F” grade. Refunds may be issued if notification is received by RVCC’s Office of Academic Programs and Partnerships (see contact info, right) within two weeks of the start of the class. Students choosing to attend other colleges can obtain their RVCC transcript by accessing www.getmytranscript.com .