The Student Life Office at Raritan Valley Community College (RVCC) creates the Student Life Week at a Glance from events submitted for the Campus Calendar using the Event Set-Up Request Form and by special requests. If you have additions, please submit to StudentLife@raritanval.edu by Wednesday at noon, two weeks before the event.
Sunday, Feb 16
- No major events today
Monday, Feb 17
- 10am-2pm, AFLAC Employer Recruitment Table
- 7:30pm, Phi Theta Kappa Comedy Fundraiser, Welpe Theatre
Tuesday, Feb 18
- 1-2:20pm, Black History Month/TD Bank Leadership Series with Larry Hamm: Fighting for Civil Rights in the 21st Century, Welpe Theatre
- 7pm, Men's Basketball Game (Lackawanna), Gym
Wednesday, Feb 19
- 12-1pm, Academic Support Center, English Language Chat Session, S-020
- 6:30-9:30pm, Rotaract, Induction Ceremony, Grand Conference Room A
Thursday, Feb 20
- 1-2:20pm, Visualizing Civil Rights: The Right to Love, Grand Conference Center
- 1-2:20pm, Enactus Bake Sale, College Center Basement (Bookstore Hallway)
- 6-8pm, Biology Chemistry Club, Little Scientists Family Fun Night, Cafeteria
- 7pm, Men's Basketball Game (Harcum), Gym
Friday, Feb 21
- 5:30-8pm, Digital Media Juried Exhibition, RVCC Art Gallery
- 6-9pm, Filipino PEACE Club, Araw Ng Mga Puso (Day of Hearts) Concert, Conference Room A & B
- 7-8pm, Peking Acrobats, Nash Theatre
Saturday, Feb 22
- No major events today
Affordable Care Act
The new Affordable Care Act requires you to have health insurance. If you do NOT have health insurance of your own or with your parents, you must sign up prior to January 1, 2014. Failure to enroll by January 1 may result in a penalty. Open enrollment is from October 1, 2013 through March 31, 2014. Starting on October 1, there will be a marketplace to allow you to select a plan you can afford.Go to www.healthcare.gov and complete the application. This one application will allow you to see available plans and their cost; as well as apply for the expanded Medicaid program. Check it out!
The Cosmetology Student Salon @ Bridgewater is now open!
Click the link below for more information!
Evening Hours: Available Thursdays beginning October 10
Time: 6:00-9:30 pm
Day Hours: Available Fridays beginning November 22
Time: 9:00 am–3:00 pm
Call 908-526-1200 x8619 for an appointment
Wi-fi Access for Your Wireless Device
Are you interested in Wi-Fi access for your wireless device? Fill out the Wireless Access User Agreement form. After submitting the form, you will receive an e-mail in Lion Mail within one or two days, containing the RVCC Network Name and Password. Then, use your device and information to connect to the network provided. Please contact the Technology Services Desk if you encounter any technical problems (such as not receiving e-mails, disconnections from the wireless network or other connection problems).
Every ONE Counts @ RVCC Capital Campaign Events
RVCC Homecoming 2014: "Lion's Pride Across the Generations"
Saturday, March 22, 2014
Alumni Reception – 6:00 – 7:30 pm (Alumni only) - $25.00
Mini Dance-a-thon – 7:30 pm – 12:00 am - $10.00
Sign up for the Mini Dance-a-thon in the Student Life Office, Room C-205. All competitors are asked to raise a minimum of $100 and stay on the dance floor for 100 minutes. Every 1 minute = $1.00
Competition/Dance categories include, but not limited to: 1) Latin, 2) Hip Hop, 3) Modern/Jazz,4) Freestyle, 5) Caribbean,6) Line Dancing, 7) Swing/Hustle,etc.
Prizes for the winners will be based on the following:
- Top 3 fundraisers
- Best dancer per category
- People’s Choice
- Best overall dancer (must participate all categories to be considered for this prize)
Sponsored by the Phi Theta Kappa, Student Government Association, Program Board, RVCC Alumni Association, RVCC Foundation, Student Life and the Every ONE Counts Committee. All proceeds will benefit the Every ONE Counts @ RVCC Campaign
For more information, contact the Office of Student Life located on the 2nd floor of the College Center, Room C-205 (across from the Cafeteria)
Email: StudentLife@raritanval.edu or call 908-218-8873
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 6:00 pm