Am I eligible for Financial Aid?
Financial aid is available to full and part-time students. Our goal is to provide funds from the federal government, State of New Jersey, and College sources for students who would not be able to complete their college education without financial assistance.
Student financial assistance is not a supplement to the student’s income for meeting their normal living expenses, but is available to help the student offset the additional expenses incurred directly by his/her education. Most financial aid awards are based on demonstrated Financial Need, which is the difference between the Cost of Attendance (COA) and the Expected Family Contribution (EFC). Please see the Financial Aid Dictionary if you are unsure about terms used on this site!
Eligibility for Financial Aid
- Have a high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED);
- Be accepted in a program of study leading toward a degree or certificate (please note that Veterinary Technology, Dental Assisting and Dental Hygiene are not eligible for financial aid at RVCC);
- Be making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) for financial aid; and
To be eligible for Federal financial aid you must also:
- Be a U.S citizen, national, or eligible non-citizen (this includes students who have a green card);
- Not be in default of a prior student loan or owe a repaymentof a federal aid program;
- Be registered for Selective Service (if required);
- Not have been convicted for sale or possession of illegal drugs while receiving aid from a Federal program; and
To be eligible for financial aid from the State of New Jersey you must also:
- Be a New Jersey resident for at least one consecutive year
- Be enrolled for at least six (6) credits per semester
- Be able to demonstrate need according to the state's need analysis system.>