To best view this page, please turn off Compatibility View.
Re-Admit StudentHow to Apply for Admission & Register for Classes
apply online | transcripts | placement testing | academic advisor | pay tuition
RVCC is an open access institution. SAT scores, letters of recommendation or essays are not required for admission. Students are required to submit official, final high school transcripts.
Students who graduated from RVCC or have not attended RVCC in three or more years must follow the following steps:
STEP 1 - Apply
Apply now online and follow these steps:
- Create a Login ID and Password by clicking on "First time user account creation"
- Complete requested information
- Submit application with $25 non-refundable application fee
After your application has been submitted, you can log into the Admissions System using your login and password and receive updates on the status of your application and admissions requirements. You can also submit a hard copy application, along with the non-refundable $25 application fee, by mail, fax or in person. Mail applications to RVCC Student Enrollment Center, PO Box 3300, Somerville, New Jersey 08876. Applications will be received on an on-going basis.
STEP 2 - Submit Copies of High School & College Transcripts
Obtain official copies of your high school transcript and official transcripts from any other college you have attended and deliver them by mail or in person to the Student Enrollment Center, PO Box 3300, Somerville, NJ 08876. The Student Enrollment Center is located on the first floor of the College Center on the Branchburg Campus.
STEP 3 - Complete placement testing, if required
All students who are seeking a degree are required to take placement tests for reading, writing, and mathematics prior to enrolling.
You do not need to take the reading and writing placement tests if you:
- Provide an SAT score report showing a "Verbal" or "Critical Reading" score of at least 540, or an ACT English score of at least 24.
- OR provide proof of taking a college level English course, equivalent English placement exam, or at least 24 college credits at a regionally accredited college.
You do not need to take the math placement test if you:
- Provide proof of taking a college-level math course or equivalent math placement exam at another regionally accredited college.
- OR provide an SAT score report showing you have a math score of 550 (or ACT math score of 23), enabling you to place into college level math. You have the option to test for placement into the calculus sequence.
- OR provide an SAT score of at least 530 but less than 550 (or ACT math score of 22) enabling you to place into Intermediate Algebra. You will have the option to test for placement into college-level math.
Students should consult an academic advisor to determine the appropriate math sequence for their major. The College code for submitting SAT & ACT test scores is 2867.
Students whose native language is not English are required to take the ESL Placement Test prior to enrolling.
Placement Testing is conducted at our Testing Center on the Branchburg Campus. No appointment is needed. Make sure to bring a picture ID.
Testing Center Hours
Hours are subject to change.
For more information visit online or call 908-526-1200, ext. 8424.
STEP 4 - Meet with an Academic Advisor
Make an appointment to meet with an academic advisor. Call the Student Enrollment Center at 908-526-1200 ext. 8336 or 8330 for an appointment. Make sure the Enrollment Center has received official copies of your high school and/or college transcripts in advance of the meeting or bring your transcripts with you. The advisor will review your transcripts and assist you in registering for classes.
STEP 5 - Pay Your Tuition
Student must pay their full tuition & fees by the following dates:
Fall Semester: July 30 or at time of registration after July 30
Spring Semester: January 5 or at time of registration after January 5
Summer Semesters: March 15 or at time of registration after March 15
RVCC offers a TuitionPay Monthly Payment Plan that enables you to spread out your payments. No interest is charged but there is an enrollment fee.
The College participates in all federal and state financial aid programs and also offers a number of scholarship opportunities.
Printable Admissions Checklist