To best view this page, please turn off Compatibility View.
| | Mission
The mission of the Center for International Business &Education (CIBE) is to serve the commercial and academic communities for their international needs on a global and local basis.
To support and extend the international resources available to the RVCC academic community - both current members and alumni
- To serve as a link between the college community and the international business community
- To provide quality programs that provide hard commercial intelligence for the business community - both for trade and for inward direct investment
- To be a catalyst for business opportunities
To complement and foster collaboration with other trade and internationally focused organizations
To advise RVCC on international curriculum issues
CIBE serves various audiences with complementary needs
- Business Audience
- Small, medium & large firms (including start ups) seeking new markets
- Corporate functional specialists (for example, credit, finance, logistics/supply chain)
- Overseas businesses expanding in the region
- International companies with inward investment in region
- Service providers (including finance, legal, accounting, real estate, and other advisory firms)
- Academic Audience
- Continuing business educators
- Degree seeking business persons
- International students
- Community in general
Unique Positioning of CIBE
The CIBE is one of the most active international organizations in New Jersey and has been serving the international community since 1988.
The CIBE serves multiple needs of the international business,government and academic communities through its programs and also through its advisory role on international matters to RaritanValley Community College.
CIBE provides the most extensive range of ongoing activities forinternationalists, including:
- Global Business Perspectives Roundtable (quarterly)
Purpose: relevant real-time insights and business opportunities
- Consul Programs (annual in Fall)
Purpose: to support inward investment and promote business opportunities
- International Business Conference (annual in Spring)
Purpose: relevant real-time insights and export related business opportunities
- International Career Expos (annual)
Purpose: transition support for students to international careers
- Student Internships (ongoing)
Purpose: experience with international firm & fill workforce needs.
The CIBE started in 1988 with a series of Roundtable discussions among business, government and academic professionals seeking to strengthen relationships, develop cross-cultural understanding and pursue commercial interests. Very soon CIBE began to hold its annual International Business Conference attracting over 200 companies seeking to expand their business into overseas markets.In 1995, the Center for International Business and Education wasawarded The PRESIDENT'S "E" CERTIFICATE FOREXPORT SERVICE for an "outstanding contribution to the Export Expansion Program of the United States of America". Over the subsequent years, CIBE continued offering Roundtables and International Business Conferences.
In June 2004, CIBE updated the CIBE Strategic Plan to continue to serve as a catalyst, resource and collaborative partner for international professionals on a local and global basis. In October2004, CIBE introduced its annual "Consul Program for NewJersey Life Sciences" which seeks to encourage inward direct investment into New Jersey by creating an opportunity for Commercial Officers and Consular Officials of Foreign Consulates to meet with New Jersey leaders from business, government and academia with the objectives of forming personal information channels and nurturing commercial relationships. In 2006, CIBE reintroduced its annual International Business Conference under the title "Accelerating Market Entry into OverseasMarkets".
CIBE continues to play the important role of advising RaritanValley Community College on international issues related to the curriculum and serving as a link for the college and for students to the business community and community at large.
Please join our programs and collaborative community and help create history in international business and education!
~ See CIBE Events Schedule ~