What is the RVCC Auto Technology Program?
RVCC’s Automotive Technology training program is an intensive 12-month program recognized by employers in Hunterdon and Somerset counties, designed to transform you into the high performing entry-level Automotive Technician that employers tell us they are looking for.
Designed in partnership with local auto industry employers and expert technicians, our program will provide you with the exact set of skills that you need to start your career and to advance quickly.
• You learn how to perform the 78 actual tasks employers expect from their best Entry Techs
• You assimilate the knowledge, skills and attitudes most highly-sought after in today’s competitive workforce
• You get entry into a lucrative career in the automotive industry. We will not be satisfied until we’ve helped you land a
• You’re given flexibility in the pace of learning
• We provide you with dedicated advisors who:
– place you in job shadowing experiences
– help you through all the various challenges of college demands
– work with you on improving your employability skills
– arrange a practicum experience where you practice work at a garage
– assist with resume and cover-letter writing, interviewing techniques, and provide additional resources in
workshops and one-on-one sessions as you need them
• There is no math or English course prerequisite to fill – we integrate the necessary math and English into the
• We provide you with uniforms and a complete tool set and tool box
Why Auto Technology?
Auto industry employers in Hunterdon and Somerset counties consistently report openings for Automotive Entry Techs. These positions pay competitive wages that can lead to lifelong careers in the field, putting you at annual earnings clearly over the national average. Employers are known to invest in long-term training for their employees, which leads to more advanced positions for Entry Techs who show a commitment to the field.
How long is the program and when does it start?
The next class starts January 2, 2014 and runs for a year. The class after that starts July 1, 2014 and runs for a year.
|What will I learn?|
|To see the course descriptions, click here.|
How much does it cost and is financial aid available?
The cost of the program including all tuition and fees is currently $12,353*. The program is eligible for both federal and state financial aid programs including need-based grants and student loans. Our financial aid office can assist you in determining eligibility and applying for financial aid. Check it out here.
What are the minimum requirements for entry into the program?
Students interested in entering the program must:
• Complete all the steps on the admissions checklist by the application deadline
• Be able to lift 50 lbs
• Have valid driver’s license with no more than a couple of points on it
• Be able to stand for extended periods of time working with your arms over your head
• Be able to work in non-environmentally-controlled (hot and cold) climates
• Be able/ready to complete payments on time
Admissions are competitive; fulfilling the minimum entrance requirements does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
How do I apply?
To apply, follow the steps on the checklist that you can find and download by clicking here.
See left hand sidebar for other important information on the program.
*Price subject to change.