High School Equivalency Testing at RVCC
New Jersey has approved several tests for people to earn a state-issued high school diploma. Each testing center determines which test(s) to offer in that center. This testing center offers the McGraw Hill CBT Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC). Before calling for an appointment, make sure you are prepared to pass the tests. Click here to review sample questions. English and Spanish tests are now available. For more information about testing accommodations, click here.
How to be successful
- You can find study guides at local bookstores and libraries
- Take a preparation class:
- RVCC Community Education at 908-218-8871
- Hunterdon County ESC at 908-806-2795
- Franklin Township Adult Education at 732-249-6410 x339 or 908-421-3833
- The Jointure at 908-722-0233
- For information about preparation sites outside of Hunterdon and Somerset counties, go to http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/wnjpin/wnjpin_index.html
2. Pass a practice test
Click here to review sample questions. Free practice tests and information about study materials will be available online. Check to see if you are prepared. If you cannot pass a practice test, you probably have more studying to do.
To register for the TASC exam, you must have an email address and the identification you will be using to take the test. Applicants are required to provide two (2) or more forms of identification to demonstrate identity and residence. For an updated list of acceptable ID, please click here. When you call for an appointment, please have your identification available.
- Click on Create New Account and I have never registered. (If retesting, select I Registered at a Test Center)
- Enter your email address
- Create a password - make sure it is one that you will remember - write it down
- Proceed with entering the information required
- Click on Create Account
An appointment is required for testing. To make an appointment, call 908-526-1200 x8422 between 9am and 4pm Monday through Friday.
To get a copy of your transcript, go to www.nj.gov/education/students/adulted/