If you are seeking a degree you are required to take the Accuplacer placement tests for English and mathematics prior to enrolling with the following excptions:
You do not need to take the reading and writing placement tests if you:
- provide an SAT score report showing a "Verbal" or "Critical Reading" score of at least 540, or an ACT English score of at least 24.
- OR provide proof of taking a college level English course, equivalent English placement exam, or at least 24 college credits at a regionally accredited college.
You do not need to take the math placement test if you:
- provide proof of taking a college-level math course or equivalent math placement exam at another regionally accredited college.
- OR provide an SAT score report showing you have a math score of 550 (or ACT math score of 23), enabling you to place into college-level math. You have the option to test for placement into the calculus sequence.
- OR provide an SAT score of at least 530 but less than 550 (or ACT math score of 22) enabling you to place into Intermediate Algebra. You will have the option to test for placement into college-level math.
The College code for submitting SAT & ACT test scores is 2867.
English as a Second Language
If your native language is not English you are required to take the Accuplacer Levels of English Proficiency Placement Test prior to enrolling.
Placement Testing is conducted at the College’s Testing Center, located in the lower level of the Library Building. Make sure to bring a picture ID. Learn more about the Testing Center hours and procedures.