Welcome Back Former Students
The College welcome backs former students. You are considered a returning student if you have graduated from RVCC or have not attended the College in more than 3 years. Follow these steps to enroll again.
1. Apply Online
You will receive an admissions letter from the College in the mail in 7 to 10 business days, along with a student ID number and instructions on registering for classes.
2. Submit Copies of High School & College Transcripts
Obtain official copies of your high school transcript and official transcripts from any other college you have attended and deliver them by mail or in person to the Student Enrollment Center, PO Box 3300, Somerville, NJ 08876. The Student Enrollment Center is located on the first floor of the College Center.
3. Complete placement testing, if required
All students who are seeking a degree are required to take placement tests for reading, writing, and mathematics prior to enrolling.
You do not need to take the reading and writing placement tests if you:
- Provide an SAT score report showing a "Verbal" or "Critical Reading" score of at least 540, or an ACT English score of at least 24.
- OR provide proof of taking a college level English course, equivalent English placement exam, or at least 24 college credits at a regionally accredited college.
You do not need to take the math placement test if you:
- Provide proof of taking a college-level math course or equivalent math placement exam at another regionally accredited college.
- OR provide an SAT score report showing you have a math score of 550 (or ACT math score of 23), enabling you to place into college level math. You have the option to test for placement into the calculus sequence.
- OR provide an SAT score of at least 530 but less than 550 (or ACT math score of 22) enabling you to place into Intermediate Algebra. You will have the option to test for placement into college-level math.
The College code for submitting SAT & ACT test scores is 2867.
Students whose native language is not English are required to take the ESL Placement Test prior to enrolling.
Placement Testing is conducted at our Testing Center. No appointment is needed. Make sure to bring a picture ID.
4. Meet with an Academic Advisor
Make an appointment to meet with an academic advisor by calling 908-526-1200 x 8336 or 8330. Make sure the Enrollment Center has received official copies of your high school and/or college transcripts in advance of the meeting or bring your transcripts with you. The advisor will review your transcripts and assist you in registering for classes.
Pay Tuition & Fees