Phone Support 24/7On-campus:
(908) 526 -1200 ext 7887
(908) 231 - 8811
|Tech Services Desk Hours|
|Somerset Hall S118||West Building W206|
|Mon. - Fri.||7 am - 5 pm||8 am - 1 pm|
|Saturday||Closed||8 am - 4:30pm|
Desktop and Laptop Support
The main objective for the Technology Services Help Desk team is to provide efficient and effective customer service in using desktop and laptop productivity tools for RVCC faculty and staff.
- Consultation regarding hardware, software, or peripheral purchases for Windows and Apple platforms
- Software installation
- Network setup for college-issued PCs and printers
- Operating system maintenance and security
- Virus protection
- Coordination of other computing services with other RVTS departments and third-party software or hardware vendors
Computer Purcasing - Apple, Dell and HP offer student and employee discounts.
Desktop/Laptop Services we provide for RVCC-issued equipment
- Support for basic operating systems (e.g., Windows, MacOS) and productivity applications that are widely used (e.g., Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, etc,)
- Activities include consulting by phone and e-mail, providing instructions, specialized documentation and specialized training
- Support for networking and connectivity activities from the desktop
- Support for computer security, including timely computer virus alerts and antivirus software updates
Technology Services Critical Support Levels
- Blue screen (PC does not boot up)
- Login issue (Can't access the PC due to failed attempts to login)
- Server connection issue (can't access files located on a server)
- Printing issue (can't print and have no access to backup printer)
- Application issue (application fails to run)
Back Up Your Files
To backup your computer/files, we recommend purchasing an external hard drive or USB drive.
Contact the Tech Services Desk if you would like to discuss additional backup solutions, such as through shared file server space.