The Literary Club's mission is to promote literature on the RVCC campus and within the broader community. As such, it publishes a semesterly magazine of student-produced creative writing and sponsors literary events on campus such as readings, poetry slams, and visiting writers.
Officers (AY 2012-2013):
- President: Niki Rokicki
- Vice President: Dayna Smith
- Secretary: Nacia Jackson
- Treasurer: Kerina Crosdale
The Runaway publishes creative writing by students at RVCC. The current issue is available in hard copy from the Student Life Office, room C205.
Archive of past and current issues:
Literary Club Guidelines:
The advisers of the Literary Club:
- manage and oversee the election of Literary Club officers and literary magazine staff, including the magazine’s editor;
- approve all selections made by the editors--short fiction, poetry, and essays--to the literary magazine;
- believe in promoting diversity among club members and literary magazine staff;
- believe that the editorship of the magazine should be rotated on a yearly basis;
- believe that the magazine’s editor should have taken (or be taking) a college course in Creative Writing. If the course was taken at another institution, she/he should be prepared to provide proper documentation;
- believe that the editor should be prepared to explain why he/she chose Text A for the magazine instead of Text B, which may have greater or equal value.
Updated 4/22/13 by SA